"Truly, truly, I say to you, you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice; you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will turn to joy."
Today the Phoenix Field Office leadership brought in a Catholic priest from Oakland, CA who serves as a chaplain for the Oakland Fire Department as well as the Oakland Field Office of the FBI. The past 24 months have been months unlike any I have experienced in my 17.5 years in the Phoenix Field Office. In the past 24 months we have had the following things happen:
- May 2019 - Intelligence Analyst Sean Sego collapsed in the stairwell and died
- Nov 2019 - Special Agent Dave Williams went out for a morning jog before work and died during his run
- Apr 2020 - A man fired shots into the FBI Building in Phoenix
- Jul 2020 - Agent involved shooting leaving 2 agents injured, subject dead
- Oct 2020 - Jennie's father died suddenly of a blood clot
- Dec 2020 - Agent involved shooting leaving subject dead
- Feb 2021 - Special Agent Jimmie Daniels found dead at home
- Apr 2021 - Special Agent Geoffrey Young found dead at home
For anyone reading this who may be about to walk the journey I have walked or is currently walking that journey, remember that we experience good times and bad times in our lives. It is the natural rhythm of life. One of the things that helped me get through that journey was my faith life. When Theresa reposed my "grace tank" was full. I completely depleted that reserve and went into a grace deficit. As time marched on, I have gradually been able to refill that tank through all the good times in my new families life which has helped me to get through the bad times. Now is the time to work on building up your reserves. As the past 24 months have shown, bad things happen all the time and usually happen unexpectedly and rapidly.
Christ is Risen!